Monday, July 14, 2008

Keep it Engaging & Crisp with Pecha Kucha

I am excited.
Tomorrow (15/7/08) night I will be going down to watch Pecha Kucha http://www.pecha-kucha.org/ here in Buffalo, NY after class.
To keep it short... its a presentation with powerpoint show for any presenters talk within 6min 40s with ONLY 20 slides. I think its a very post-modern creative approach to Torrance's Beyonder Skill of 'Hightlight the Essence'. Its amazing how such a simple concept by two architects in Tokyo who desire to have a performance space to talk about ideas in a most concise manner has exploded to a regular stint in more than 20 Cities. Powerful rules to rein in 'excessive redundant talk'.

Even one of my favorite writers- Daniel Pink (readto my entries on his 'Whole New Mind') did a presentation on SIGNS. In shared his presentation on how signs more emotionally intelligent- 'Demonstrate empathy; Encourage empathy'. Very insightful indeed.

In this age where we are overloaded with far too much information, and people in this fast-paced age hunger for whats most essential- its worth checking it out. If I am so inspired by tomorrow night, I will make my first 6minutes 40s speech when I get back to Singapore. Thats visionary thinking for someone who loves to 'talk'... the challenge for me- KISS: Keep it Sweet & Short

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sad sad sad.... did not get to go in cos we were late. Thought was near to Elmwood Ave so had a nice dinner. 8.15pm and it was all full. sad sad sad.